Date(s) - 05/18/19 - 05/19/19
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Pooh Trail MapWe will be hiking about 4 miles out to our campsite so this will not be car camping. Everything that you have there will be carried by you in one trip. In a real SHTF scenario, there will likely be many more miles involved and many more nights. This event is to give you a better idea of how to prepare for that real situation. Do your best to prepare for yourself but we are a team so expect reasonable mutual aid.
Things to consider:
• Weather on the hike and while you sleep. Expect it to be wet. Temperature – It will likely get down to 50° and may dip into the 40°’s.
• Water – You need to bring some water and the ability to purify it for resupply. Water is too bulky and heavy to carry all that you need for drinking and cleaning.
• Food – Simple and quick and non-refrigerated.
• Personal items for when nature calls
• Add Mole Skin in your IFAK for blistered feet
Make a sleep system here https://youtu.be/
Directions:From Grand Rapids via US 131 north to M-46 / 17 Mile Road West to Red Pine Drive. Turn right/north onto Red Pine Drive. At 18 Mile Road jog left then right. Continue 1/2 mile to find the parking area on the left.
From Grand Rapids via M-37 drive north until Peach Ridge Ave. in Kent City. Turn right/east onto M-46. Turn left/north onto Red Pine Drive. At 18 Mile Road jog left then right. Continue 1/2 mile to find the parking area on the left. Pooh Trail Map
On time is late.